If you have read my new years resolution post, then you know that one of my new years resolutions for 2017 is to complete a reading challenge. Last year, I started doing the 2016 Popsugar reading challenge in July, and it was a big fail, I only completed 15 out of the 40 tasks. This year however, will be different, because I’m starting a lot earlier thus giving me more time to complete the list.
I read over the Popsugar reading challenge for 2017, and didn’t particularly like some of the challenges. So, instead of modifying the ones I didn’t like, I decided to search for another one. And I found one!
I am doing the “The 2017 Reading Challenge” by the modern mrs.Darcy
There are two challenges you can choose from, reading for fun or reading for growth, I liked both so I decided to combine the two.
Here is the list (it’s also in the link above):
- A book you chose for the cover
- A book with a reputation for being un-put-down-able
- A book set somewhere you’ve never been but would like to visit
- A book you’ve already read
- A juicy memoir
- A book about books or reading
- A book in a genre you usually avoid
- A book you don’t want to admit you’re dying to read
- A book in the backlist of a new favorite author
- A book recommended by someone with great taste
- A book you were excited to buy or borrow but haven’t read yet
- A book about a topic or subject you already love
- A Newbery Award Winner or Honor Book
- A book in translation
- A book that’s more than 600 pages
- A book of poetry, a play, or an essay collection
- A book of any genre that addresses current events
- An immigrant story
- A book published before you were born
- Three books by the same author
- A book by an #ownvoices or #diversebooks author
- A book with an unreliable narrator or ambiguous ending
- A book nominated for an award in 2017
- A Pulitzer Prize or National Book Award winner
To motivate myself to complete this list, I will be updating my progress on this blog.
Are any of you participating on any reading challenges? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading ❤