With the new year quickly approaching, I’ve realized at how many books I have still yet to read. Many of them being books that I’ve been intimidated to start. So without further ado, here is a list of books that I want to get to in 2017.
1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marisa Meyer
Not only have I heard really good things about this book series, but its sci-fi. I don’t usually reach for sci-fi, but I’ve been trying to branch out on my reading. Plus, I haven’t read any fairytale retellings, so I’m excited to see how well that plays out.
2. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Okay, I’ve read the first two books of this series and honestly I wasn’t a big fan. I thought the first two books were sloppy, and Clary was too much of Mary Sue for me to handle. However, I really want to read The Infernal Devices because I’ve heard that series is a lot better. But I hate reading things out of order. And I feel like TMI introduces a lot of the world and the creatures, which TID doesn’t. I did hear TMI gets better but I don’t know.
3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I’ve owned this book for a year now, but I’ve never got around to it. I’ve heard so many good things about this book and I feel like I’ll really enjoy it.
4. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
There are 3 reasons as to why I haven’t read this series yet.
1.Its not finished yet, and I don’t know how long it will be until the series is complete.
2. I watch the show, and I LOVE it! However, I feel like maybe I’ll merge the two together and get the plots confused. Since the show and the book do things a bit differently. So I’ve been waiting for the show to finish, but then again I don’t know how long would that be.
3. They are incredibly long.
But even with those 3 reasons, I’m incredibly impatient and I should just start reading them. Who knows, maybe when I finally get to the 5th book, the 6th book will be out! *wishful thinking, I know*
5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I love the movie (the one with Keira Knightley) and have been wanting to read it ever since.
Those are the main books I want to either start, or get through during 2017. What are the books you want to get through in 2017? Let me know!
Thanks for reading ❤